The neXt generation of the world’s unique multifocal Mplus-IOL-technology
The unique optical design of the rotationally asymmetric LENTIS Mplus has revolutionised the multifocal IOL market worldwide. Well over 200,000 Mplus implantations in 4 years and a significant number of clinical studies prove the superiority of this patented technology to conventional diffractive multifocal lenses.
With the LENTIS Mplus X Oculentis goes a step further and presents an advanced and improved version of the previous Mplus model. For even better visual results and happier patients and doctors.
Technical evolution of the optical mode of action
LENTIS Mplus X with “Additive Paraxial Asphericity (APA)”
- Enhanced far and near focus zones for better depth of focus and a balanced vision at all viewing distances.
- Outstanding visual performance in the entire intermediate vision field by adapted zone focusing
- Easier neuronal image interpretation due to intelligent focal modulation for all light conditions
LENTIS Mplus X with “Surface Design Optimisation” (SDO)
- Higher pupil independence and better reading throuhg a new surface design of the near vision segment.
- Light efficiency > 95% by improved SML production technology
- Significantly reduced photic phenomena by homogeneous peripheral transition zone
Get off the peaks, get into the zone !
The ambition behind the Mplus modification and the objective of the new Mplus X is to achieve a general enhancement and extension of the depth of focus, not just an improvement of individual focal points. The unique and unmistakable defocus curve of the Mplus X visualises the following:
Instead of being limited to the maximisation of so-called “peaks” in the near, intermediate and far vision, the Mplus X maximises the total area under the defocus curve, which corresponds to the entire viewing zone.
The result : genuine extension of the depth of focus at all distances!
Advantages of the new Mplus X technology compared to LENTIS Mplus
- Extended depth of focus for all ranges of vision
- Maximised light efficiency of > 95%
- Increased pupil independence, now also for very small pupils
- Minimal to no halo and glare
Proven benefits of the Mplus-technology compared to rotationally symmetric MIOLs
- Excellent visual acuity results for the near, intermediate and distance ranges
- Minimal loss of light
- High pupil independence
- Aberration neutrality for better depth of focus
- +3.0D addition
- Genuine 360º sharp optic edge
- Proven HydroSmart-Acrylat
- Short adpatation phase
- Optimised image quality
- Natural contrast and colour perception
Patient surveys confirm:
- Very high level of spectacle independence in all distances
- Above average patient satisfaction
Source of the information: https://www.oculentis.com
Aspheric Surface- Posterior, Sectorshaped nearvision segment - anterior +3.0 D
Cartridges: Viscoject BIO 1.8 Cartridge-Set: LP604250C(max.25D), Viscoject BIO 2.2 Cartridge-Set: LIP604240C